HVAC Hygiene Audits
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system hygiene is an important issue for all building owners and managers. Maintaining acceptable levels of HVAC hygiene reduces the potential for a degradation of the Indoor Air Quality which is essential for enhancing occupant health in any built environment. Air Restore (NZ)Ltd understands all of these issues. We offer an audit service for our clients that essentially assesses the clients HVAC systems hygiene and quantifies the associated risk of identified problems.
To find out more Contact Us.
Our HVAC Audits Covers:
- Identify issues to be addressed to ensure compliance with the relevant standards such as AS/NZS3666.2:2002, Air-Handling and water systems of buildings-Microbial Control, Part 2: Operation and Maintenance. Compliance indicates due diligence.
- To conduct a risk assessment based on the findings including the understanding of risk relative to the occupied use of the areas served by the system.
- To identify HVAC systems and components in need of cleaning, decontamination and restoration to reduce risk including financial loss.
- Identifying issues before they become problematic and costly.
- Prepare budgets for work requiring attention either immediately or down the track.
- Based on the assessment we can advise on future inspection schedules for ongoing risk management.
Equipment and Procedures
To protect your occupied space and building occupants from contamination, the actual cleaning and decontamination process is conducted under negative air pressure. The contaminants are drawn into a large HEPA (high efficiency particulate arrestive) filtration machine that is 99.97% efficient at 0.3 microns. The source removal of contaminants without the use of negative air machines poses a risk of cross contaminating the building and increasing the risk of occupant exposures to contaminants found in the air handling system. To validate the effectiveness of cleaning and decontamination projects we follow the guidelines laid out in NADCA Standard ACR 2006 Assessment, Cleaning, and restoration of HVAC systems. We take before and after photographs of all systems cleaned and provide a comprehensive maintenance report with each project.